The Dental Studies Team manages the co-ordination, administration and the implementation of the Dental Science undergraduate and the postgraduate programmes.
Our overall vision is to ensure students and staff receive a focused, quality delivery of the undergraduate and post graduate programmes. The team is guided by the core values of the Dublin Dental University Hospital to deliver and support a culture of best practice. We are always striving to improve the service provided by effective use of our resources and by evaluating and monitoring our performance.
The members of the team are Audrey Nolan, Dental Studies Manager, Agnes Hagan Postgraduate Studies, CDE and Alumni Co-ordinator, Fiona O’Neill University Liaison Officer and Sarah O’Loughlin Student Records Officer.
Dental Studies Manager
Audrey has an MA and BSc (Mgt) from Trinity College Dublin. Audrey has worked in a number of different private industries before joining the Dublin Dental University and Hospital. She is responsible for the management of the Dental Studies Team which provides the management support for the undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes.
The keys areas managed are:
- Overall management of the undergraduate curriculum with the Director of Teaching and Learning UG.
- Management of the Dental Studies Team to achieve key results
- Updating and reviewing yearly handbooks
- Year 3 and year 4 OSCEs – organising, collating information and processing results
- Final Part A Examination and dissertations
- Final Clinical Examination schedules
- End of term Student Progress Meetings
- Organising the Erasmus and elective process
- Management of student activity reports
- Developing and on going review of all operational activities.
- Secretary of the Dental Science Curriculum Committee
University Liaison Officer
Fiona has been in the Dublin Dental University Hospital for approximately seventeen years. Fiona has been involved with problem-based learning (PBL) since 1996 and was the first administrator in the implementation and the administration of the PBL process. Since then she has ensured the quality of the delivery of this teaching method.
In brief Fiona manages the following areas:
- Ensures all PBL blockbooks along with visual material and tutor guidelines are collated, processed and delivered on time to students and tutors
- Co-ordinates the collation and processing of written examinations/multi-station for years 1–4
- Processes all examination results for years 1- 4
- Co-ordinates all pre and post examination meetings
- Lecture bookings, PBL tutor training and meetings
Postgraduate Studies, Continuing Dental Education
Agnes joined the Dublin Dental University Hospital in 1975. She has worked in many areas throughout the hospital including the Dental School Office and in Periodontology.
Agnes is responsible for the co-ordination and management of the following areas;
- Postgraduate courses
- Continuing Dental Education – Diploma in Clinical Dentistry course for general dental practitioners
- Continuing Dental Education – Lecture course for general dental practitioners
- Lecture bookings
- Timetables for postgraduate courses
- Coordination of written examinations, open book and OSCE examinations
Student Records Officer
Sarah joined the Dublin Dental University and Hospital in 2000 as a Clerical Officer in the Dept of Public and Child Dental Health. She started work as Student Records Officer in March 2001. Sarah also spent two years covering the post of University Liaison Officer.
The following areas are managed by Sarah:
- Dental Science student timetables
- NCDH leave
- A/E and prison rosters
- Clinical postings
- Student credits and competences
- Student absences
- Lecture and seminar room bookings
- Transition Year students timetables