Patient Services Mission Statement
“To provide a customer orientated service which provides efficient and effective services to patients our & internal customers.”
The Patient Services department main function is the responsibility for all patient interfaces with the hospital and is also responsible for the clerical and administration front line support services of the hospital. It is our main aim to provide quality patient centered care and welcome patient comments.
The Patient Services Department supports the Hospital’s patient care systems and structures by providing a high quality, professional clerical and administrative service to all areas of the Hospital.
The Patient Services Department also incorporates Patient Accounts and our internal printing facilities.
Patient Services at the Hospital
Patient Services provide an information service to the general public, patients, staff and students of the Hospital via various reception points throughout the hospital and via the telephone and emailing services.
These receptions provide support to the clinics, reception areas, departmental offices, clinical staff and students.
- Provides an information service to patients and the general public.
- To respond to all general queries and telephone queries
- The registration of all patients of the Hospital on the Patient Registration System (Salud) and Input of patient chart data
- Provides records support to all areas including storage and management patient charts
- The arrangement and cancellation (if necessary) of all patient appointmentsTo provide a messaging service for students
- To process all waiting list and the assignment of patients to the appropriate waiting lists.
- To arrange appointments to reduce the numbers waiting.
How to contact us?
Telephone: 01 6127391
Patient Services Manager
Telephone 01 6127360
Susanne has worked with the hospital since the late 80’s. Susanne began her career with the hospital working in Medical Records as a clerical officer, she then was appointed as Medical Records Officer before moving into the role of Patient Services Manager in 2001.
Susanne’s role is to manage and develop the assigned services to assist in the delivery of healthcare to patients.
Susanne is an advocate for patients and is uniquely placed to filter information to relevant departments to improve patient services. She is a source of information and can channel patient queries in relation to hospital services to the appropriate departments.
Suggestions and advice from our patients and visitors are welcomed on how services can be improved. If a patient is dissatisfied with any aspect of their care or service, they are advised to bring the matter to the attention of a member of staff at the time. In the event that the matter is not resolved, they may, in accordance with the Patients Charter / complaints process, refer the matter to the Patient Services Manager.
Patient Services Manager’s Office Main functions:
- Compliments and complaints co-ordination
- Responding to patient feedback
- Co-coordinating and facilitating the Patient Forum
- Monitoring and co-coordinating patient management for staff and students
- Circulating the patient survey to patients and the collation of results
- Access Officer for patients
- management and recording of untoward incidents
- management of access to the hospital’s policies for staff and students
- management of departmental reports for internal and external purposes
- Approval and monitoring of the exemption process
How to contact us?
Telephone: 01 6127360
Patient Liaison Manager
Telephone 01 6127344
Emer joined the Patient Services Department of the hospital in the mid 90’s after working in private practice. Emer was appointed to the position of Patient Liaison Manager in 2002.
Emer is responsible for the front line management and daily co-ordination
of reception areas, patient telephones, patient appointments & waiting lists and the daily management of the staff assigned to these areas.
Susanne and Emer are supported by Team Leaders, Ms. Shona Battigan, Ms. Catherine Lambert and Ms. Hilary Boylan.
Patient Accounts are located at the main reception area and on the third floor of the Hospital. The Hospital operates an automated billing system for patient invoices. The Patient Accounts team ensures that all invoices are produced and issued to the patient normally within two working days after the patient appointment.
Patients can contact the Accounts team regarding payment options for treatment, tax claims, VHI claim forms etc.
- Cash Point
- Provides information and to deal with patient debtor queries
- To complete tax claim forms and other claim forms
How to contact us?
Telephone: 01 6127250
Internal Print Room
The print room is responsible for ensuring all printing requirements are met including the creating, editing and printing of all internal forms / documents. The main functions of the print room is to ensure a high quality and efficient photocopying service is provided to all Hospital Departments, ensure there is sufficient stock and stationery supplies at all times and maximizing the utilization of the Desktop publishing facilities.
Ms. Susanne Bushe, Patient Services Manager,Ms. Emer McManus Patient Liaison Manager, Ms. Hilary Boylan, Patient Services Team Leader,Ms. Catherine Lambert, Patient Services Team Leader,Ms. Shona Battigan Patient Services Team Leader,Ms. Ruth McCabe, Waiting List Officer,Ms. Anne O’Brien, Patient Accounts Officer,Ms. Breda McCann Patient Services Clerical Officer,Ms. Bronwyn Farrell Patient Services Clerical Officer,Ms. Catherine Russell Patient Services Clerical Officer,Ms. Louise McCabe Patient Services Clerical Officer,Ms. Caroline King Patient Services Clerical Officer,Mr. Karl Gibney Patient Services Clerical Officer,Ms. Lyndsey Farrell Patient Services Clerical Officer,Ms. Nicola Molloy Patient Services Clerical Officer,Ms. Carol Spain, Patient Services Clerical Officer,Ms. Lina Yin, Patient Accounts Clerical Officer,Ms. Pauline McCormack, Patient Accounts Clerical Officer,Mr. Paschal Browne, Print Room Operative / Clerical Officer