Undergraduate Clinical Supervisor in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Part Time – Fixed Term Contract)
Applications are invited for the following post in the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology:
Undergraduate Clinical Supervisor in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Part Time-Fixed Term Contract)
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Enabling students to develop their clinical skills while taking responsibility for patient management and, above all, patient safety.
- Familiarity with DDUH policies.
- Ensuring that teaching and learning are fully integrated into the clinical experience from the students perspective.
- Providing regular and appropriate feedback for students and endeavouring to provide the necessary support when required.
- Undertaking to provide assessment of students when required and award accurate and appropriate clinical credits for each student after each clinical session.
- Attendance at student progress meetings and timely interaction with DDUH staff to relay relevant information regarding individual student issues.
- Successful candidates are required to maintain an appropriate knowledge of the undergraduate curriculum and information technology involved in the curriculum.
Applicants must be qualified dentists currently on the register of the Dental Council of Ireland. Candidates must also be on the Oral Surgery specialist register of the Dental Council of Ireland or have a postgraduate qualification in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Candidates must also have experience in a teaching environment.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application together with four copies of their Curriculum Vitae to:
Human Resources Department, Dublin Dental University Hospital, Lincoln Place Dublin 2 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS: 5PM, 24th MARCH 2017
Interviews are due to be held on 27th March 2017
Shortlisting will take place.
Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.