Clinical Supervisor - Restorative Dentistry & Periodontology (Part Time, FTC)
The Dublin Dental University Hospital is seeking to recruit a Clinical Supervisor to join our Restorative Dentistry and Periodontology Department. This is a part time, fixed term contract reporting to Head of Division of Restorative Dentistry & Periodontology and the Dean of the Dublin Dental University Hospital. At present we are looking to cover sessions on Wednesday and Friday afternoons (from 1.45pm – 5pm). Provisional start date is the week commencing 4th of January 2022
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Enabling students to develop their clinical skills while taking responsibility for patient management and, above all, patient safety.
- Familiarity with DDUH policies.
- Ensuring that teaching and learning are fully integrated into the clinical experience from the student’s perspective.
- Providing regular and appropriate feedback for students and endeavouring to provide the necessary support when required.
- Undertaking to provide assessment of students when required and award accurate and appropriate clinical credits for each student after each clinical session.
- Attendance at student progress meetings and timely interaction with DDUH staff to relay relevant information regarding individual student issues.
- Interaction with DDUH staff to relay relevant information regarding individual student issues.
- Successful candidates are required to maintain an appropriate knowledge of the undergraduate curriculum and information technology involved in the curriculum
- Successful candidates are required to keep up to date with new guidance with regards to Children First and are required to carry out mandatory HSE / HSEland training as instructed by the Head of Division.
Each candidate must:
- Be a qualified Dentist
- Be registered with the Dental Council of Ireland
- Minimum of three years’ experience
- In accordance with HSE Circular 012/2009 ‘Implementation of Recommendation of Report on the Prevention of Transmission of Blood borne diseases in the health care setting’, candidates must furnish the Dublin Dental University Hospital with: 1) Evidence of their Hepatitis B Titre Levels, 2) Evidence to state that they are Hepatitis B Negative, 3) Evidence to state that they are Hepatitis C negative. These three pieces of documentation must all be dated within 6 months of your start date in the Hospital.
- Be free from any defect or disease, which would render him/her unsuitable to hold office and be in a state of health as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
- Be of good character.
To apply, please click the following link.
Closing Date for Applications is Friday 31st of December 2021, 5pm
Please note: all job offers are subject to references, Garda Vetting and pre-employment medical.
Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.