Acting Dental Laboratory Manager - Fixed Term – 18 Months
Applications are invited for the following post: Acting Dental Laboratory Manager - Fixed Term – 18 Months
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the activities of the Dental Laboratories Department encompassing strategic planning, meeting production targets, managing and reducing costs, management of Dental Production Laboratories staff, monitoring quality standards and ensuring adherence to health and safety legislation. Part of this role may encompass a teaching commitment to dental technology students.
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a relevant third level qualification such as Degree in Dental Technology or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of five years autonomous experience in the Dental Production Laboratories field and have a sound knowledge of contemporary advances in Dental Technology.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of dental CAD/CAM systems and processes and their implementation in a high volume production environment.
- Be well versed in the legislative requirements relating to custom made medical devices and how they relate to the dental laboratory
- Have previous experience in people management
- Have gained experience in a similar setting.
- Be fully competent in MS Office, in particular Word, Excel, Email, Internet and other relevant packages.
- Understand the role of Dental Laboratories Manager in the organisation.
Candidates must ideally:
- Have experience in Prosthetics, Orthodontics, Crown and Bridge and Implantology.
- Have completed a relevant management-training programme and have a minimum of two years’ experience managing staff and resources.
- Have experience in teaching Dental Technology students
- Have a proven record of accomplishment as a Leader with the ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and manage a number of issues simultaneously and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Have a high level of team working and personal development skills.
- Be personally motivated with the ability to empower and motivate others
- Demonstrable adaptability to rapid changes taking place in the Hospital, educational and health services in general, with a patient and student focused approach.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and proven written and verbal communication ability.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application together with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae via the link below.