Dental Nurse - Permanent
Dublin Dental University Hospital
Permanent / Full Time Opportunities / Immediate Vacancies Available
The Dublin Dental University Hospital is seeking to recruit Dental Nurses (Permanent) to join the nursing team. The position reports to and is accountable to the Director of Nursing and/or Clinic Nurse Manager. The successful candidate(s) will contribute to the provision of a high standard of patient care and the efficient running of all clinical areas within the Dublin Dental University Hospital and external institutions.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
The role of the Dental Nurse includes but is not limited to:
- Provide a high standard of patient care within the clinics and external institutions. Ensure patients are kept informed of any delays.
- Providing a high standard of clinical assistance to all operators within the hospital.
- Support the Clinic Nurse Manager in the efficient running of all clinical areas both internal and external to the Dublin Dental University Hospital and extends to
- all duties in the Prison service and other external agencies.
- Record and report to the Floor Manager or the appropriate Senior Dental Nurse requirements relating to departmental stores, equipment and supplies, items requiring repair/ replacement.
- Reporting on untoward incidents (clinical incidents / complaints) which occur in the clinic to Floor Manager or Senior Nurse.
- Ensuring a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in clinical and patient areas. Notify Household Supervisor immediately if areas need prompt attention. Liaise with Clinic Nurse Manager or Cleaning Contractor Supervisor if required.
- Ensuring the implementation of cross infection control standards within the clinical areas assigned as per DDUH protocol. Liaise with staff & students accordingly on this issue.
- Ensuring the health and safety of all staff and patients in the clinical area assigned as per DDUH protocols including fire safety.
- Ensuring the implementation of DDUH waste management policies within all clinical areas.
- Liaise with administration staff to arrange appointments and help with telephone inquiries as necessary.
- Assist with the organisation of courses for Dental Nurses.
- Assist with induction courses for students at the Hospital.
- Assist with the organisation of clinical examinations.
- Instrument control to ensure the recording and tracing of instruments used in the clinic. Report any discrepancies to Floor Manager or Senior Nurse.
- Ensure an up to date knowledge of all clinical and non-clinical policies, procedures and guidelines - new and current.
- Maintain excellent communications with the Director of Nursing, Clinic Nurse Managers, Senior Dental Nurses and fellow Dental Nurses.
- All other duties that may be requested within the general scope of dental nurses for maintaining a high standard of service to patients. Following consultation duties may be altered from time to time at the discretion of the Hospital Board.
- The post holder will attend all meetings as required.
Qualifications, Experience & Person Specification
Each candidate must:
- Be a qualified Dental Nurse
- Registered with Dental Council of Ireland
- Should have basic computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Understand the role of the Dental Nurse in the organisation.
- Support Director of Nursing and Clinic Nurse Manager in their duties.
- Candidates must ideally:
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to identify potential difficulties and formulate solutions
- Be personally motivated with the ability to empower and motivate others
- Demonstrable adaptability to rapid changes taking place in the Hospital and external institutions, to include educational and health services in general.
- Demonstrate a patient and student focused approach
- Have an ability to demonstrate discretion in relation to clinical issues.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and manage a number of issues simultaneously and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate efficient work management processes
A job description is available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application together with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae and at least two references to the following: Link
A panel for future vacancies may be established with a closing date for applications of 5th May 2023.
Please note: all job offers are subject to references, Garda Vetting and pre-employment medical.
Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.