Dental Nurse - Specified Purpose Contracts
Dental Nurses (Full Time/Part Time Considered
Temporary/Specified Purpose Contracts - For Candidates with a Dental Nursing Or Dentistry background/qualificatoin who are currently engaged with the Dental Council of Ireland and have started the Registration Process.
The Dublin Dental University Hospital (DDUH) is seeking to recruit Dental Nurses on Specified Purpose Contracts to join the nursing team on a temporary basis.
In support to those who may be currently displaced either through war, natural disaster or have been out of the profession for a lengthy period of time, or other, we would like you to considering applying.
The role of Dental Nurse will report to and are accountable to the Director of Nursing and designated Clinic Nurse Manager. Qualifying candidates will receive one week’s induction training in a clinical environment and the tasks will be identified in line with the role of a Dental Nurse.
Moreover, those that qualify for this training period will be assessed for suitability during this week as part of a paid trial period before an offer and temporary contract is considered.
· Hold a recognised dental qualification, preferably in Dental Nursing but this is not limited to other areas of dentistry such as dentists and dental hygienists.
· Be registered with the Dental Council of Ireland or currently in the process of registration with the Dental Councilto be considered.
· The chosen candidate who may be awaiting full registration in their field, may be granted a period of adaptation for language reasons only. However, the candidate should be sufficiently competent in English to work in the hospital while they achieve the standard required for a full registration in one of the Dental Council approvedEnglish language exams.
· Must have worked in a dental practice, hospital or teaching environment during their career to date.
· Have excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Outlook.
· The successful candidate(s) will contribute to the provision of a high standard of patient care and the efficient running of all clinical areas within the Dublin Dental University Hospital.
· Please note remuneration will be based on years and experience, post undergraduate qualification.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Providing a high standard of clinical assistance to all operators, which include students, patients and staff.
· Ensuring a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness, ensuring the implementation of infection prevention controls are maintained and adherence to policies and protocols associated with health and safety, waste management and patient record management.
A job description is available upon request, please email: email@example.com
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application together with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae. via this: Link
Closing date for applications is 31st May 2023.
A job offer is subject to the candidate being fully eligible to work in Ireland, having references available upon request, completing the Garda Vetting process and attending an Occupational Health Assessment if successful in taking up the post.
Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer