Director Of Nursing - Permanent Post
The Dublin Dental University Hospital is seeking to recruit a Director of Nursing to join the team. This is a key senior management position, a permanent post with a direct reporting line to the CEO and Clinical Director. Applications are invited from candidates with exceptional leadership qualities in addition to professional experience and personal credentials.
- To ensure the effective provision and delivery of a safe, efficient, high quality clinical service and patient safety throughout all hospital clinical services.
- Ensure that clinical governance and performance processes are embedded in clinical service delivery and that patient safety and experience is used to determine priorities for service improvements.
- To support the provision of a high quality level of clinical education to dental nursing students on full-time and part-time courses.
- To develop innovative approaches to the continuing professional development and education of dental nurses to meet the demands of the profession.
- To assist with the development of patient, student and staff services within the hospital and to provide an efficient use of resources.
- To enable and support the provision of a high quality nursing service to patients and clinical operators. An essential part of the role of the Director of Nursing .
- To liaise and work with our Microbiologists and Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) team regarding the ongoing development and implementation of IPC policies and procedures throughout DDUH in accordance with national and international standards, legislation and best practice guidelines.
- This role is also responsible for the management of the Central Sterile Services Department (CSSD) and Household Department.
Qualifications, Experience & Person Specification
It is an essential requirement that potential candidates are a current registered Dental Nurse or a General Nurse registered in the general Division of the Register of Nurses kept by An Bord Altranais agus Cnaimhseachais na hEireann (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland), or its equivalent with the ability to be eligible for registration, if appointed.
- Hold a Master’s Degree or a Level 8 QQI in Health Care Management, Nursing or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 10 years post qualification nursing experience along with a minimum of 3 years management experience in an equivalent post in a healthcare environment.
- Provide evidence of appropriate continuous professional development within healthcare management and/or clinical setting.
- Have a proven track record in your management experience, together with a collaborative leadership style approach along with excellent communication skills.
- A high achiever with experience in developing, implementing and delivery on strategy.
- Be values driven, professional, respected, trusted and dedicated to the provision of a high quality health care and student service.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of administrative capability and capacity to multitask to be successful in the role.
A full job description is available upon request and informal enquiries can be made to the Head of HR via Holly Sheridan, email@example.com
Application process is via the following HireHive link:
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday, 31st October, 2022, shortlisting will take place immediately.
Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.