Grade III Clerical Officer - Patient Services (12 Month, Fixed - Term) Full Time
The Dublin Dental University Hospital is seeking to recruit a Grade III Clerical Officer to join our Patient Services Department. The overall purpose of the Clerical Officer role is to work as a member of a busy team to deliver an excellent level of service to all patients, students and staff within the Hospital.
The position reports to and is accountable to the Patient Services Manager (PSM) via the Patient Service Assistant Manager (PSAM) or by any other authorised designated officer that the responsibility is delegated to by the PSM and/or the CEO.
This post a 35 hour week and salary is aligned with the Grade III Clerical Officer Grade which starts at €25, 352
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for administering patient services in an efficient manner and to provide an excellent service to patients, staff and students.
Main tasks includes but is not limited to:
- Registering all patients on the Hospital in house system, including making appointments, scanning documentation, etc.
- Dealing with external calls which include answering & following up on all queries, cancelling and rescheduling appointments, patient discharges, etc.
- Assigning / retrieving patients through our waiting lists
- Processing and payment of patients’ accounts, including providing patients with any necessary patient debtors information
- Maintaining, filing, auditing and shredding of paper records
- Providing a high level of clerical support to clinical facilities
- Ensuring office administration is provided to clinical staff, senior consultants, Undergraduate and Postgraduate students
- Liaising with Divisional Administrators, finance, dental / medical practices and other hospitals
- Assigning/retrieving patients through our waiting lists
- Attending team meetings and other meetings as required
Qualifications, Experience & Person Specification Each candidate must have:
- Leaving Certificate & ECDL
- Previous face to face customer service experience
- Strong administration skills
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable
- An ability to contribute to and work effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative
- Possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Microsoft Office Expert
- Previous Hospital Out-Patients department
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills and the ability to relate effectively with staff at all levels
- An understanding of the role of Patient Services in a Hospital environment
Closing Date for Applications is 5pm on Tuesday, 1st November, 2022 Please note that shortlisting will take place for this role
Interested candidates should apply via the following link
if you require a job description in an accessible format. In addition, candidates called for interviews and/or aptitude tests may request reasonable accommodations.
Please note: all job offers are subject to references, Garda Vetting and pre-employment medical Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.