Grade IV Administrator / PA To The Head Of Patient Services (Full -Time, Fixed Term)
The Dublin Dental University Hospital is seeking to recruit a PA to the Head of Patient Services, Grade IV to join the Patient Services team. This is a one – year, fixed - term full time contract. The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the Head of Patient Services and her office including responsibility for organising meetings and events.
This role is responsible for working with the Head of Patient Services and Deputy in the continuous provision and development of the patient, student and staff centred services within the Hospital.
The role of the Grade IV Administrator includes but is not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to the Head of Patient Services and to her deputy/ office and maintaining a very busy office. This can include the management of all stock and stationery ordering for the Patient Services areas and the general administration area
- Ensuring the Head of Patient Services schedule is managed effectively. This includes organising and co-ordinating meetings which will involve dealing with a wide range of functions within the Hospital. It also involves; co-ordinating bookings of lecture rooms and meeting rooms, liaising with other staff / divisions on requirements, liaising with external/internal stakeholders
- Responding to queries directed to the Head of Patient Services Office
- Monitoring all phone calls, taking necessary action personally or diverting to other areas/individuals, referring to the Head of Patient Services on essential matters
- Duties include responding to queries, preparing letters, updating and maintenance of key systems and reports, scanning, filing, and researching and preparing correspondence and reports or policies as required
- Working with the Head of Patient Services and the team in the continuous development of the patient, student and staff centred services
- Maintaining awareness of the patient in relation to all aspects of Hospital Patient Services
- Providing administration support for internal committees including compiling agendas, preparing briefs and all relevant documents, setting up of IT equipment, and attending a wide variety of meetings to take and later transcribe minutes
- Undertaking any necessary follow up actions as required
- The monthly management and generation of internal reports or as required
- Collecting and compiling data and statistics as required and assisting in the writing annual and other reports as required
- Data input and processing of standard processes via our QPulse and Salud systems.
- Processing discharges of patients from our Undergraduate Students
- Processing and assisting in the patient management process
- The completion of necessary internal audit process and reporting on same
Qualifications, Experience & Person Specification Each candidate must have:
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- At least three years relevant administrative/PA experience
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with extensive experience in Microsoft, Outlook. Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed and work well on tasks as part of a team or alone
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to ability to relate effectively with staff, students, patients and visitors at all levels
- Be able to demonstrate adaptability to rapid changes taking place in the Dublin Dental University Hospital and health and education services in general
- Be free from any defect or disease which would render him/her unsuitable to hold office and be in a state of health as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service Be of good character
- Desirable criteria:
- Previous experience in a Hospital administration or Out-patient setting would be an advantage
- Previous local complaint management would be an advantage
- Ability to identify potential difficulties and formulate solutions
- A willingness to be flexible and adaptable with a positive “can-do” attitude Ability to prioritise and manage a number of issues simultaneously
- Have experience in minute taking
- Experience producing reports for audit and reporting purposes
Closing Date for Applications is 12 noon on Wednesday, 5 October, 2022
interested candidates should apply via the following link:
if you require a job description in an accessible format. In addition, candidates called for interviews and/or aptitude tests may request reasonable accommodations.
Please note: all job offers are subject to references, Garda Vetting and pre-employment medical. Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.