Postdoctoral Research and Teaching Fellow
DUBLIN DENTAL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Applications are invited for the following post:
The Dublin Dental University Hospital is a clinical and educational institution with responsibility for training all members of the dental team. It is also recognised as a centre of excellence for research. The advertised position is a dual position incorporating postdoctoral research and teaching duties as a Problem Based Learning tutor in the Dental Science undergraduate curriculum. The DDUH has a long history in microbiological research. One of the main strengths of this research is in the field of Candida pathogenesis and a postdoctoral scientist position is currently available to continue this ongoing research. In addition to research responsibilities, the candidate will also act as a tutor for undergraduate tutorial sessions during the academic year.
Each successful candidate must:
- Have a PhD in Microbiology, Molecular Biology or a related subject
- Be competent in the most commonly used molecular biological techniques (e.g. handling bacterial and yeast strains, recombinant DNA techniques, RT-PCR, etc)
- Be competent in scientific writing and oral presentations
- Be familiar and adept with Microsoft Office and more complex software programmes and packages (e.g. Prism)
- Be highly motivated and self-directed
Candidates will ideally:
- Have experience of processing high-throughput sequencing data
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have the ability to work in a team
- Have proven organisational, administrative, analytical and problem-solving skills; be able to identify potential difficulties and formulate solutions
- Have the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Have the ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and manage a number of projects
- Have prior teaching experience
Salary scale is IUA Scales starting at Post Doctorate Researcher Level 2- starting at €36, 854
Applications will be accepted through the following the following link only:
Interviews will be held on Friday April 5th, 2019
Closing date for applications: 12 Noon 25th March, 2019
Shortlisting will take place.
Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.