Senior House Officer – Up to 6 Posts – 12 Months Fixed-Term Contract
DUBLIN DENTAL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
The Dublin Dental University Hospital is the principal dental education institution in Ireland, providing comprehensive training for all members of the dental team, offering dental services for patients to include specialist and tertiary referral care, emergency care and general dental treatment, as well as delivering cutting-edge research.
Applications are invited for the following positions:
Senior House Officer (12 Months Fixed-Term Contract) * Up to 6 Posts
The Senior House Officer posts will reflect General Professional Training with a speciality interest. Potential posts are General Duty, Paedodontics, Special Care Dentistry, Restorative and Oral Surgery. The position reports to and is accountable to the Clinical Director.
The role of the Senior House Officer includes but is not limited to:
- The examination and treatment of patients attending the Dublin Dental University Hospital or such other outside institutions as the Board shall determine from time to time.
- The Senior House Officer will keep appropriate records of patients under their care.
- The Senior House Officer will also ensure the furnishing of reports and the general supervision of the clinical work he/she is carrying out under the direction and control of the Hospital Board, the Dean of Dental Affairs, and the Consultant in Charge of the Department, or clinics to which he/she may be assigned from time to time.
- Administrative duties with regard to the follow up of patient care
- The post is regarded as a training post and as such the satisfactory performance of the duties is held to include the acquiring of further knowledge and skill. To this end study/research period will be available at the discretion of the Board.
- You will be expected to attend as per the clinical postings. An example of the Senior House Officer clinical postings is attached for your information however this is subject to change.
- The overall administrative responsibility for non-consultant Hospital staff is with the Chairperson of the Hospital Clinical Committee who generally delegates that responsibility to the Executive Registrar.
- The post may require the provision of an emergency “on Call” services both on site and off site for the Dublin Dental University Hospital or such other institutions as the Board shall determine from time to time.
- The post holder will attend all meetings as required.
Applicants for the post must:
- Be a dentist who is fully registered or registerable on the Register of Dentists of the Dental Council.
- The selected candidate if not registered on the Register of Dentists, will be required, before appointment, to be so registered.
- Have obtained one MFDS exam before the expiration of the Senior House Officer contract.
- In accordance with HSE Circular 012/2009 ‘Implementation of Recommendation of Report on the Prevention of Transmission of Blood borne diseases in the health care setting’, candidates must furnish the Dublin Dental University Hospital with: 1) Evidence of their Hepatitis B Titre Levels, 2) Evidence to state that they are Hepatitis B Negative, 3) Evidence to state that they are Hepatitis C negative. These three pieces of documentation must all be dated within 6 months of your start date in the Hospital
Applications will be accepted through the following the following link only:
Interviews will be held on Friday 26th April 2019
Closing date for applications: 5pm, 19th April 2019
Appointment to these posts will be for a period of one year, subject to ongoing satisfactory appraisal, commencing early July 2019.
Shortlisting will take place.
Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.