Senior House Officer (12 Month FTC)
The Dublin Dental University Hospital is seeking to recruit a Senior House Officer to join the team. This is a full time, 12 month fixed term contract. The position reports to and is accountable to the Clinical Director or by any other authorised designated officer that the responsibility is delegated to by the Clinical Director such as the Executive Registrar.
The role of the Senior House Officer includes but is not limited to:
- The examination and treatment of patients attending the Dublin Dental University Hospital or such other outside institutions as the Board shall determine from time to time.
- The Senior House Officer will keep appropriate records of patients under their care.
- The Senior House Officer will also ensure the furnishing of reports and the general supervision of the clinical work he/she is carrying out under the direction and control of the Hospital Board, the Dean of Dental Affairs, and the Consultant in Charge of the Department, or clinics to which he/she may be assigned from time to time
- Administrative duties with regard to the follow up of patient care
- The post is regarded as a training post and as such the satisfactory performance of the duties is held to include the acquiring of further knowledge and skill. To this end study/research period will be available at the discretion of the Board.
- You will be expected to attend as per the clinical postings. An example of the Senior House Officer clinical postings is attached for your information however this is subject to change.
- The overall administrative responsibility for non-consultant Hospital staff is with the Chairperson of the Hospital Clinical Committee who generally delegates that responsibility to the Executive Registrar.
- The post may require the provision of an emergency “on Call” services both on site and off site for the Dublin Dental University Hospital or such other institutions as the Board shall determine from time to time.
- The post holder will attend all meetings as required.
Applicants for the post must:
- Be a dentist who is fully registered, or eligible for full registration on the Register of Dentists of the Dental Council of Ireland. If not registered on the Register of Dentists, registration will be required before appointment and this must be completed within one month of a job offer being made
- The selected candidate if not registered on the Register of Dentists, will be required, before appointment, to be so registered.
- Have obtained one MFDS exam before the expiration of the Senior House Officer contract.
To apply for this role, please click the following link
Closing Date for Applications is Tuesday the 18th of May 2021, 5pm
Please note: all job offers are subject to references, Garda Vetting and pre-employment medical.
Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.