Superannuation Officer - Grade VI
The Dublin Dental University Hospital is seeking to recruit a Grade VI Superannuation Officer to join our HR Department.The Superannuation Officer will report directly to the Head of Human Resources. This is full time position and a 3 year fixed term contract. The successful candidate will have operational responsibility for the Superannuation/Pension function of the Dublin Dental University Hospital. The role will involve all aspects of local administration in relation to the Voluntary Hospital Superannuation Schemes and the Single Public Sector Pension scheme in consultation with the Pensions Management Unit of the HSE.
- Ensure that all employees are registered, and their records are maintained for the appropriate pension scheme in line with their contract of employment.
- Administration of the Local Government Superannuation Scheme
- Administration of the Single Public Services Pension Schemes (SPSPS)
- Provide expert advice, support and preparation of files to all employees in who are members of VHSS/SPSPS
- Regularly audit the activities of the superannuation function and initiate changes and improvements designed to strengthen controls and systems.
- Proactively implement all circulars received from the Pensions Management, Health Service Executive in relation to the different schemes.
- Ensure that applications are made to the VHSS/SPSPS/AON Hewitt for registration of all staff eligible to join, and exit. Maintain a record for each person registered and ensure that a registration number is received for all registration applications.
- Ensure that all employees complete the ‘Verification of Service’ forms and that they are completed for all members past and present and maintain records of same, on their HR file.
- Complete the Hospital’s Superannuation annual/quarterly return for submission to the HSE for members of all schemes, and any other return that is required.
- VHSS/SPSPS members - Ensure that declaration forms are completed by all pensioners on an annual basis in accordance with Hospital requirements.
- Keep abreast of all developments, which are likely to have an impact on Superannuation Legislation and Administration, e.g. Introduction of the Single Public Services Pensions Scheme (SPSPS), Public Service Pension Reductions, etc.
- Liaise with relevant organisations and legal representatives on matters relating to superannuation issues.
- Promote and organise attendees for the Retirement Planning Course.
The successful candidate must have:
- A relevant Third Level Qualification.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a superannuation/pension role.
- Knowledge and understanding of Public Superannuation Schemes / Single Public Service Pension Schemes, policies & procedures.
- Have a thorough understanding of the underlying Pensions Legislation and regulatory environment.
- Highly organised, detail, accuracy and numerically oriented, with an ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A proven background of planning and prioritisation in a pressurised administrative environment, with an excellent capacity to exercise personal initiative.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own duties and those of other employees.
- Experience of working with the LGSS / SPSPS schemes.
- Experience in a healthcare organisation in an administration capacity.
- General HR experience.
- Experience of designing and delivering presentations to groups of staff.
- Experience with HRIS systems
To apply, please click on the following link: https://my.hirehive.io/dublin-dental-university-hospital/jobs/74906/superannuation-officer-grade-vi
Closing Date for applications is Friday the 5th of March, 5pm
Please note: all job offers are subject to references, Garda Vetting and pre-employment medical.
Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.