Undergraduate Clinical Supervisor (Part-time – Fixed Term Contract)
Applications are invited for the post of Undergraduate Clinical Supervisor (Part-time – Fixed Term Contract) in our Restorative Dentistry and Periodontology Department:
The role and responsibilities of a clinical supervisor include:
- Enable the student to develop their clinical skills while taking responsibility for patient management and, above all, patient safety.
- Ensure that teaching and learning are fully integrated into the clinical experience from the student’s perspective.
- Provide regular and appropriate feedback for students and endeavour to provide the necessary support when required.
- Undertake to provide assessment of students when required and award accurate and appropriate clinical credits for each student after each clinical session.
- Attend student progress meetings and interact with faculty staff to disseminate relevant information regarding individual student issues.
- Maintain an appropriate knowledge of the undergraduate curriculum, faculty regulatory framework and information technology involved in curriculum.
A panel will be formed from the successful candidates for future appointments.
Applicants must hold a Dental qualification and be registered or eligible for registration with the Dental Council of Ireland.
Applications will be accepted through the following link only:
Closing date for applications:
12 noon on Tuesday 19th March 2019
Shortlisting will take place.
Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.