Action on Alcohol week
Just updating you on the EU “Action on Alcohol” week, 20-24th Nov (http://www.awarh.eu/). This year’s theme is alcohol and cancer.
The National Cancer Control Programme, the HSE Alcohol Programme and HSE Comms are rolling out media blitz for the week. The aim is increased awareness of alcohol and cancer risk. On Wednesday we are focusing on mouth, head and neck cancer. Etain, Denise and Eleanor have helped to organise activities for the day and developed the key messages which will be aired
The plan for the four days is focus on a target audience and a specific message for the audience;
Activities planned are listed below;
- Breast Cancer and Alcohol ad to air on local and national radio.
- Press release issued to media and media interviews with our experts
- Radio partnership with selected local radio stations: FM104, Q102, Live95FM WLR, LMFM, Galway Bay FM, Cork’s 96FM involving interviews with NCCP, askaboutalcohol.ie and partner organizations (the timetable for Wednesday is below)
- Vox pops on key messages
- Social media and digital asset creation (see image below).
- Placed advertorial in thejournal.ie and Gay Community News.
- Social and Digital campaign on Ask About Alcohol Facebook page and @HSELive Twitter page
- Information on www.askaboutalcohol.ie
Hopefully awareness of the link between MHNC and alcohol will increase over the week.
For more information on Action on Alcohol week please click on the link.