Payment Options

Your initial consultation fee (€65.00-€85.00) must be paid on the day of your appointment before you see the dentist. This applies in all departments. Other invoices should be paid on the day of treatment, if possible or alternatively within five working days. Some treatments may require deposits to be paid to secure either surgery dates or process laboratory work. Fees for Accident and Emergency care must be paid in advance.

Please discuss this with your dentist.

The Hospital normally issues reminders for unpaid amounts but our policy is to follow up with a debt collection service in respect of unpaid bills. Price lists are available from any of the reception areas.

You should discuss the cost of your dental treatment in advance with your dentist.

We accept the following methods of payment:

  • Pay Online
  • To pay via an electronic bank transfer please see our BIC (ULSBIE2D) and IBAN (IE63ULSB98501012032827) numbers. Please ensure that you include the patient’s name and account number in the  description/reference section so we can match your payment to the correct account. All receipts are issued to the patient’s address.
  • Debit card 
  • Cheque (Made payable to the Dublin Dental University Hospital)
  • Credit cards (by phone or in person)
  • Cash - at any reception point
  • Standing order / Direct Debit
  • Postal / Money Order

You can make a payment at any of our reception desks.

Accident and Emergency

Fees for Accident and Emergency care must be paid in advance..

Laboratory Procedures

50% of the cost of dental treatment that requires laboratory work, dental implants and surgery work must be paid in advance. The remaining 50% must be paid before treatment is completed. Any other outstanding balance must also be paid when paying your deposit.

Surgery Deposits

The Hospital requires a deposit in advance to secure a surgery appointment. This deposit amount will be listed on the appointment letter. Generally this deposit will be 50% however this can increase depending on the treatment. The full surgery fee is required in advance for dental implant surgical treatments. Should you have any arrears at this time, they are also required to be paid in full.

Orthodontic Fees

A deposit of 40% of the overall cost of orthodontic treatment must be paid at the start of treatment. The remaining 60% must be paid over the following six months from the date of the issue of the invoice.

PRSI/Tax allowances

While PRSI contributions/stamps do not provide cover for treatment in the Hospital, certain dental treatments do qualify for tax relief.
Treatments that qualify for tax relief include:

Surgical removal of impacted wisdom teeth
Crowns/veneers/bridge work
Endodontics (root canal treatment)
Dental implants

Medical Cards

If you hold a current Health Services Executive Eastern Region (HSE) Medical Card and reside in Dublin, Wicklow and Kildare, you will not be billed for dental care with the exception of orthodontic, dental implant treatment, dental products, CBCT scans, bone graft, bleaching trays for both vital and non-vital and mouth guards.

Please show your card to a member of our reception staff at every visit. Proof of address may be required. 

Other Medical Cards

If you have a HSE Medical Card and live outside of Dublin, Wicklow and Kildare, your treatment is not covered unless we receive written approval from the Principal Dental Surgeon in your HSE region in advance of treatment. Otherwise you will be responsible for costs.